In 2009 the Association of Film and Television Producers (APCT), thanks to ProChile’s “Sectorial Brands” program, formed CinemaChile as the agency for the international promotion of Chile’s audiovisual industry.
CinemaChile possesses strategies to position the audiovisual sector internationally, beyond those of the partners from the Association of Film and Television Producers (APCT). The indirect beneficiaries of sectorial brand CinemaChile correspond to all the associations of businesses or professionals in the audiovisual field, as well as independent professionals who aspire for exportation and/or access to the international circuit. All of them are benefitted or are enabled to be benefitted by the contacts and expertise developed by the brand during its 10-year run, from the participation in activities and events organized by the brand; inclusion in the International Catalogues (for film and for television) that CinemaChile publishes annually as well as other promotional graphic pieces; and publishing of their content on our communication platforms, among other actions that universally benefit the sector (or have benefitted in the past), without requiring that one belong to the applicant co-financing associate of the agency.
The aforementioned is possible especially because under the eaves of the APCT there are companies dedicated to producing products from all subsectors (animation, documentary, fiction, television), thus all the actions that CinemaChile contemplates imply an indirect benefit for members of other associations specific to those fields or genres (such as ADOC or ANIMACHI) or diverse associations, such as APCT and API (who produce all kinds of productions, of every genre and format). In addition, associates of ADG are counted among our indirect beneficiaries, as are associates of Chileactores and Sidarte, who are joined by independent professionals of the industry as well as audiovisual students
– To facilitate the positioning of our productions at A-class festivals, which in turn increase the commercialization value of our products in the international market, as well as to enable productions in series, virtual or animated formats to participate in the field’s most important international events.
– To develop a strategic and commercial marketing strategy that makes the Chilean film and TV industry attractive to the international market.
– To contribute to the field’s professionalization.
– To maintain constant interaction with players of the Chilean and international audiovisual industry, including media specialized in the film and TV industry at a global level.
– To promote Chilean films (fiction, documentary, animation, virtual reality) and their diverse formats at the international festivals and markets (or industry spaces) that CinemaChile attends, from their participation in competitions to market instances.
– To promote television productions (fiction, documentary, animation, virtual reality) and their diverse formats at the international festivals and markets (or industry spaces) that CinemaChile attends.
– To maintain contact and generate relationships between national and global audiovisual industries, with a special emphasis on buyers, producers, programmers, distributors and media outlets.
– To facilitate the presence of the national delegations that attend each festival and market that CinemaChile participates in, providing Chilean professionals with diffusion spaces for their works (web platforms, social media, promotion pieces, events, among others).
– To disseminate the work (news) and achievements of the Chilean film and TV industry through specialized media outlets.
– To generate news agendas and commercial networks, both at individual meeting as well as far-reaching international events.
– To carry out annual publications such as the International Catalog of Chilean Film and the International Catalog of Chilean TV, in order to facilitate the work of international intermediary agents and prestigious festivals.
– To organize and conduct seminars and lectures aimed towards the Chilean audiovisual industry, which are the results of the experience of both CinemaChile as well as of the Chilean professionals who participate in international markets and festivals, materializing their knowledge and work through these academic activities, always with a focus on skills training for the international market.